(First MicroFinance Bank the FMFB)-ABranch Manager
6 Jun 2018
-These are exciting times for the First MicroFinance Bank (the FMFB-A). Started in 2004 as a regulated bank with a focus on Micro Finance, the Bank is now expanding into Consumer, SME & Corporate Banking. At the same time, the bank is heavily investing in supporting technologies to make our strategy happen. We are a bank in transformation on all fronts!
Over 1,000 employees serve & delight our customers and commit their time & talent to help the FMFB-A become the best bank in Afghanistan. Now we’re looking for your talent.
The incumbent of the position is responsible for all the activities of the branch. S/he supervises the work of the branch employees; and manages a well thought-out commercial development of the branch.
06 Jun 2018
20 Jun 2018
Number of Vacancies:
As per company salary scale
Years of Experience:
0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages, monitors and supervises the branch operations (loan portfolio, savings mobilisation etc.); and Manages branch liquidities.
• Manages and supervises the work of branch staff; and is in-charge of branch administration.
• Assist staff in setting commercial objectives; and persuades staff to achieve them and constantly monitors staff efforts to ensure their achievement.
• Implements the business plan/financial projections at branch level; and authorises expenses in line with the budget.
• Follow up of important customers as well as delinquent customers; and chairs the Branch Loan Committee.
• Developing staff capacity through ongoing need-assessment and support to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of resources.
• Responsible for staff attitude and ensuring a respectful, professional and banking values driven behaviour against customers.
• Liable for all branch fixed assets in terms of in placing their adequate and update inventory, being utilized properly and making sure that they are in good and functioning order.
In addition to a challenging job, development and the opportunity to work for a bank with an exceptional reputation in the market, you will have a supportive management team who believe in promoting autonomy across the workforce. In addition, we also recognize the importance of tangible rewards. On top of a competitive base salary, you will receive:
• Comprehensive on-the-job training.
• Vacation and Paid Time Off
• Ongoing development and further opportunities to advance your career within FMFB-A
• Academic background in economics or sciences.
• At least 6 years’ experience in banking or Microfinance, where at least 3 years of it is serving a managerial role.
• Ability to manage staff in a challenging commercial environment, a good command of written and spoken English, good computer literacy, a good understanding of the concept, theory and practice of Microfinance Banking
• Social concern; committed; believing in, and committed to staff capacity building; respectful to customers.
Afghanistan – Sar-e Pol: PROVINCIAL CENTER (SAR-I-PUL)
Bachelors Degree, Banking
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for the job, please send us your resume via email no later than 20 June 2018. Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy number as subject line.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the requirements of the post will be contacted.